- Covid-19 Workplace Guidance for Business Owners. Click here to read.
- Alberta History Quiz Show. You are invited to participate in the Lieutenant Governor of Alberta History Quiz Show!
- COVID-19 Book. It is written to inform children under the age of 7 about the virus and is also translated into a multitude of languages.
- Future Goals. A free and fun online course to keep students and parents engaged.
- Khan Academy. Expert-created content and resources for every course and level. Free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Link to their website.
- The City of Calgary at Home Activities. Keep active, healthy, and have fun at home! Link to their website.
- The Calgary Public Library. Calgarians are encouraged to check out the Digital Library, where the library will be sharing updates, tips, and eResources.
- YMCA 360. Find online classes and programs.
- It’s simple. Fitness activities for the whole family, click here.
- Mind Fuel. Free learning for Canadian teachers, students and parents during COVID-19 school shutdown. Click here
- BOCKS. Stay active at home. Games and activities to keep kids active and happy, click here
- Brightspace by D2L multilingual user guide. Brightspace by D2L is a powerful and secure personalized learning platform used extensively at CBE. D2L in Korean, D2L in Arabic, D2L in Tigrigna, D2L in Vietnamese, D2L in Tagalog, D2L in Amharic. Video instructions in Vietnamese, Spanish, Tagalog and Tigrinya
- Video instruction on how to use Google Classroom. In Tagalog. In Chinese
- Accessing Solaro. Practice tests and study help resources. Video instructions in Amharic.
- Opening the Calgary Public Library card. Video instructions in Amharic. Video instructions in Korean.
- Electronic Recycling Association. Apply for a donation of used computers here.
- Computers for schools and non-profits. Application for devices is here.
- CLIC program. CLIC provides low-income Calgarians with free, refurbished computers. Download application here.
- CIWA Family Conflict Prevention Program. The program provides professional, culturally-sensitive counselling for immigrant women and their families who are experiencing transition challenges, relationship problems, abuse and trauma. Click here to learn more.
- InformAlberta family violence counselling and support services. Click here for a complete list of province-wide services.
Financial Support for Individuals
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB). A taxable benefit of $2,000 a month for up to 4 months to eligible workers who have lost their income due to COVID-19. Apply here.
- Employment Insurance (IE). If you lost your job, sick, pregnant or looking after someone who is sick. Click here to see if you qualify.
- Deferred Mortgage Payment Information. This support will include up to a six-month payment deferral for mortgages, and the opportunity for relief on other credit products. Click here to learn more.
- COVID-19 Federal Benefits Access Tool. Click here to see a detailed list of financial supports available to people and businesses affected.
- Momentum Community Helpline. Employment, Business and Money Management helplines—receive rapid support and one-on-one coaching services. Click here to learn more.
- Step Up 4 Kidz. Supplying families that may not have access to the technology needed to keep their children’s education rolling properly with Ipads and other devices! Click here to fill out the application.
- Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids. Link to their website.
- Fresh Routes. Click here to fill out food emergency delivery form.
- The Calgary Food Bank. You must call 403-253-2055 first and they will organize your emergency food hamper and assign your pick-up. Link to their website.
- The Salvation Army is providing food hampers and essentials, by appointment only. Call 403-220-0432. Link to their website.
- The Calgary Co-op is offering care packages if you have been instructed by Alberta Health Services to quarantine, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Kerby Centre is providing a Grocery Delivery Program for seniors in the community, and they have lifted the income requirements. Call the program at 403-234-6571. Link to their website.
- CLIP multilingual food security page. Click here to view.
Physical and Mental Health
- Alberta Health Services—help in tough times. Click here for a list of resources.
- Crisis Services Canada. Suicide prevention and support. Visit the website or call 1-833-456-4566
- Youth Addiction and Mental Health—Help4Me. Link to their website.
- Calgary Distress Centre. Provides 24-hour distress support over the phone 403-266-4357. Visit their website.
- ConnectTeen. Confidential peer support service for youth. Visit their website.
- Kids Help Phone. 1-800-668-6868
- Hope for Wellness. Phone counselling 1-855-242-3310
Resources for People with Disabilities
- Family Support for Child with Disability (FSCD)
- Pace Kids
- Cerebral Palsy Kids and Families
- Autism Aspergers Friendship Society of Calgary
- Autism Calgary
- Lead Foundation
- Children’s Link
- Alberta Society for Visually Impaired
- Deaf & Hear Alberta
- Brain Injury Society (SABIS)
Our office is closed to the public with all services moved online and our staff providing virtual support to clients.
Should you need to contact us, please call 403-230-7745 (press 0 to reach the Reception).
General inquiries email@example.com CEO Office firstname.lastname@example.org Admin Department email@example.com HR Department
firstname.lastname@example.org Finance Department email@example.com Afterschool Program firstname.lastname@example.org RBC Youth Empowerment Program
email@example.com In-School Settlement Program firstname.lastname@example.org Mentorship and Transitioning into Post-Secondary Programs email@example.com Volunteer Resources Program firstname.lastname@example.org